Saturday 17 September 2011

Simplicity 3786- Third Time Lucky .


simplicity 3786 and cotton voile fabric 

close up of pintucks

inside seams of simplicity tunic 
Not really third time lucky , just the third time I have made this pattern but the first time it has ended up in my wardrobe having previously sewn a muslin and a version for my Mum.
I have been wanting to sew this for 2 years now - but you know how it is - too much to sew and too little time.
I am glad I finally did though. I love the little pintucks and the gently gathered  lower sleeves. The material is a cotton voile that just called out to me - I think it is the yellow colour and the smaller flowers outlined in taupe look vaguely native.
The pattern was easy once the pintucks were made - I just carefully mark and pin them - I do not have a pintuck foot.
THe only change I made was to shorten the tunic a few centimetres as I found it too long for my personal taste and I added some lace between the upper and lower sleeves.
I will definitely sew this pattern again - in a solid colour and want to try the other view as well.
Cheers for now , Janine.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! I love the beautiful, cool style and that wonderful sunny print is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely! The pin tucks are a nice design idea, and you are right, the soft greyish shades of green and yellow are reminiscent of native flora... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting. Please feel free to leave a comment . I am open to any constructive criticism and comments because I love learning and trying to grow in any way possible and enjoy discussions.