Wednesday 1 June 2011

Pattern Haul. Completed Object and other mutterings.

Firstly I completed the rainbow striped cotton twill Butterick pants from the last post . However I will not post a photo to save myself public humiliation . I will say that they fit nicely  , are not too baggy , the twill is soft and thus will be a good pair of PJ pants. But I will continue to search for another pants pattern for my grey herringbone fabric which is too nice for this pattern . I have some older BWOF magazines with some good looking pants  patterns so I will try those but not for now.  Secondly I have cut out the Issey Miyake Vogue 2796 skirt so slowly my ugly fabric and pattern pile goes down. I needed the full amount of my 2metre 150cm wide material for this skirt. ( so no scraps - yay ! like other seamstresses I have a large scrap stash and sometimes wonder what to do with them ) .
Thirdly I want to show my pattern haul. Yes, just one pattern ! I really wanted Butterick 5523 - a cowl neck knit dress but Spotlight did not have my size. I have to say I am jealous of those amazing one dollar pattern sales in North America - I would probably own many more patterns if I had access to those but alas down under we do not. I  have  never bought an Its so easy pattern line from Simplicity before so I will be interested to see if there are any differences from the more expensive pattern lines . I have loved the versions I have seen of this bias cut top and I don`t own any similar patterns.
Hmmm , I think this concludes my mutterings.
Cheers Janine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for visiting. Please feel free to leave a comment . I am open to any constructive criticism and comments because I love learning and trying to grow in any way possible and enjoy discussions.